Karoo Roadbook Practise Camp 2021
Karoo Roadbook Camp Practise 2021
We have created the perfect opportunity for you to come and train/practice roadbook riding, or if you are new to the sport, to come and learn how to ride a roadbook. This is not a race, it is a chance for you to experience what a real rally is like, without the stress of a high paced event.
Is this for you?
If you are new to rally or want to try it out it’s an easy way to enter the world of rally. A chance to try out a navigational style event without breaking the bank.
If you own a rally bike, and have rally experience and want to get to use your bike (or share your skills and advice), this event is for you, as it will give you a chance to ride roadbooks.
If you want a taste of rally but don’t have a rally bike or nav equipment, you can join us using a GPS.
The idea is to have a roadbook riding/practice weekend where we can get to use our rally bikes, learn from each other, enjoy nature and just have a lekker time at as low as possible of a cost.
What is included?
– Saturday – 200km technical tracks, riverbeds, mountain tracks, 4×4 routes, rocks, tricky navigation
– Sunday – 430km fast wide open farm roads, liaison style roads and technical mountain tracks
– Monday – 200km fast and flowing section, with some river beds and one very technical mountain/4×4 section, tricky navigation
Roadbook for 50km loop around the campsite for practice at own pace
Please don’t be fooled by these distances. The routes are designed to be tricky, difficult and tough so that you can get real roadbook experience.
Stay at local showgrounds
- can sleep in farmers hall or camp outside
- (tent & mattress provided)
- warm showers
- cash bar (COVID dependent)
- braai facilities (braai packs can be pre-ordered)
- live tracking
What’s not included:
– Food, it’s a self-catering event to keep costs down.
There is an option to pre-order braai packs, and there are takeaways available in town. There will also be roosterkoek for sale. Braai packs are R150, that is for 2 chops, 2 sosaties, 2 pieces of wors, and a side dish/salad. This will need to be pre-ordered.
– Fuel, there is a fuel station in town, please bring your own jerry cans for outside refuels
Minimum bike requirements:
- 250 km fuel range (can make use of fuel cells)
- GPS Etrex or Montana
- Roadbook holder(unless you just use GPS)
- At LEAST one ICO/RNS with CAP, 2 would be better. Alternatively, use GPS for CAP
- SPOT if you have
COVID level-dependent – 24-26 April 2021
You have to arrive by the evening of 23 April, as we are starting early on 24 April.
27 April is a public holiday.
If you arrive early on 23 April we have a special practice loop of 50km around the campsite that you can keep yourself busy with.
If you cannot make it Saturday and want to stay an extra day to do Saturday’s roadbook on Tuesday, you are welcome but have to arrange before the time.
23 April – arrival and briefing
24 -26 April – roadbook riding
27 April – head home
Murraysburg, Western Cape – https://goo.gl/maps/4pdi6GkWrveTKyKv6
R4500 per person
See info summary/slide show here. Please share with your mates or anybody else that would be interested directly.
Here is the link for the slide show
You can also join our whats app group if you are planning to come – click here
Thanks guys, hope to see you in Murraysburg for a great weekend of riding, camaraderie, roadbooks, stories and so much more!
Whats app group – https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fb6agHa1dWrFhgZHYQDcjy