Rampage Mobile Device Navigation Training @ ADA
WHAT IS NAVIGATION TRAINING?
The navigation training is aimed at adventure riders that want to improve their navigation skills using their mobile devices or tablet. Mobile devices have improved to such an extent that we believe their functionality and usage far exceeds that of traditional GPS brands such as Garmin. The training does not involve any traditional GPS products and brands such as Garmin. It is specifically aimed at mobile device navigation and using your mobile or tablet device.
Navigating with mobile opens a whole new range of adventure riding options and events if done correctly.
The training day’s structure is:
- Morning with theory training with actual maps, devices, apps and routes.
- With a FREE SPECIAL SESSION on electronic roadbook riding as well as GPX routes navigation.
- Snacks, coffee, lunch.
- Practical afternoon navigating both GPX tracks and roadbook routes.
- A small gift to make the day more memorable.
The course content and curriculum includes more specifically:
- Routes development options.
- Devices needed for mobile navigation.
- Creating, loading and working with routes on the mobile device.
- Tracking and recording options.
- Safety, recovery, tracking available.
- Handlebar navigating button options.
- Typical bike setup.
- Towers, device holders, power options.
- Loading and using the mobile apps.
- Roadbook basics.
- Gpx routes basics.
- Navigating while riding.